Explore the tasty world of chocolate at the heart of Train World!
Like the railways, Belgian chocolate owes its international reputation to the industrial progress of the 19th and 20th centuries. From 20 October 2020 to 18 April 2021, the Choco Loco exhibition enables you to explore both worlds, so different and yet so similar.
This exquisite cocoa-scented exhibition presents about twenty original chocolate sculptures of railway-related subjects created especially for the exhibition. These were designed by successful graphic-novel author and Train World scenographer François Schuiten, and made by the chocolate sculptors Peter Teerlinck and Bart Steegmans of Sculpture Events.
These sculptures, inspired by the railway world, resonate with the authentic locomotives and the dazzling decor of Train World.
Two famous Belgian chocolatiers, Pierre Marcolini and Dominique Persoone, who were working together for the first time, are the patrons of this exhibition. These two artists have created an exclusive chocolate bar for the occasion, called L'Étoile du Nord. This delicacy has been prepared with the best Criollo cocoa beans. These rare white beans have been cultivated in a sustainable and eco-ethical way on the estate of Mathieu Brees, a Belgian grower based in Mexico. This chocolate bar is exclusively available in the Train World shop.
Activities on the programme during the “Choco Loco” exhibition:
- • Conference on the theme of chocolate
- • Chocolate tastings
- • Themed guided tours given by our experienced guides
- • Literary tours
- • Family activity accessible to all
- • “Chocolate” courses for children during the school holidays
- • Day trips, in collaboration with Concept Chocolate and Choco Story Brussels
- • A gourmet pop-up store
Choco Loco, an exhibition that will make you melt!
- Temporary exhibition from 20.10.2020 to 18.04.2021
- Train World – Schaerbeek train station
- Open from Tueday to Sunday, from 10am to 5pm (last entry at 3.30pm), closed on Mondays
- The access to the temporary exhibition is included in the Train World entrance fee.
Do you need more information?
- Call us : +32 (0)2 224 74 37
- E-mail us : email@example.com
This exhibition has been produced in collaboration with our partners:
and it was made possible thanks to the support of our sponsors: